Anyone who has been to a great cocktail bar knows how impressive the mixing of drinks is. It’s the ambience, the sound and classy look of it all that makes us want to try one. But who says you can’t do all of this at home?
It’s a great myth that mixing cocktails is rocket science. Everyone can learn it! To help you get up to speed, we are sharing this Passion of Vanilla Cocktail recipe as well as a few expert tips.
Watch the video below and see first-hand how this tasty cocktail is put together. As it only takes a handful of ingredients to make this tasty drink, you just need to follow the steps below to craft a classy drink.
The Passion of Vanilla will definitely impress your guests. Not only does this cocktail look amazing, but it is also potent and fruity with a slight sweet taste. For many seasoned cocktail aficionados, this is a winning combination. Follow the recipe below and see for yourself.
1. It’s time to make cocktails. Prepare all your ingredients and equipment. Do also make sure that you have enough ice cubes.
2. Start by filling the shaker with ice cubes. Then cut the passion fruit open, take a half and scoop the pulp out of it. Add it in the shaker as well.
3. Measure the orange juice and lime juice and add both to the shaker. Then add a dash of Morand Vanilla Syrup on top. Just add a little bit, as your Passion of Vanilla Cocktail might otherwise become too sweet.
4. Close the shaker properly and shake until your hands feel cold. Shake it well and hard to crush the ice.
5. Now, pour the mix into a large wine glass.
6. Finally, you can decorate the cocktail with the remaining half a passion fruit in its shell.
Don’t forget to also check out our other delicious cocktail recipes:
Royal Framboise - Raspberry cocktail
Williamine sunrise cocktail
Williamine brandy sour
Virgin mojito framboise - virgin mojito recipe
Mixing delicious cocktails is great fun and very entertaining - especially during dinner parties. However, every skill needs to be learned. To help you become an aspiring hobby mixologist, we have put together a few quick tips.
The more cocktails you will try, the stronger your palate will grow. Be it at home or somewhere else, be sure to sample different cocktails and slowly expand your knowledge. It’s not only fun, but it will help you mix better cocktails.
There is a saying that a cocktail is as great as its worst ingredient. As some cocktails will have more ingredients than others, it’s probably better to start with a shorter list. That way you can make sure to only get quality ingredients - be it the fruits, sodas, plant liquors, brandies or gins.
Trying to shake a cocktail without an actual shaker can quickly go wrong. Make sure to at least get a basic cocktail making starter kit. It will not only be easier to mix the drinks, but you will also taste the difference compared to your improvised setup.
If we have awakened your ‘spirits’ for cocktail making, then you need to read our ultimate guide to spirits. Even if you already know the basics, with cocktail making you never stop learning. Brandy, gin, rum and more are all sophisticated spirits. After all, there are unlimited opportunities to mix, combine and taste.
The same is true for syrups, such as sugar syrup, grenadine syrup or raspberry syrup. Check out our ultimate guide to syrups to learn more about why we need them to mix great drinks and how else you can utilise them for cooking or baking.